Tuesday, December 31, 2013

THIS WINTER DAY

The dead of winter creeps in - the cold trembling air
A cool breeze surrounding thus my face
I shiver ! I walk the mountainous road
Through life - with the winter blues
On my mind! stars not a trace
The snow it falls - the chill I embrace
My eyes are occupied - I stare at a dull infatuation
The limbs they died - they stagnate my mind
Calamity - it sets in - it overwhelms me
The dark grey cloudy skies are prevalent
Inside I sit , I look out the hazy window
I see the visions are upon me - my mind wanders
Daydreaming! I enjoy the warmth in my environment
No beauty of the sun - I see desperation
Exasperated by the sight of blizzard warnings
I now think of my gardens - the roots are froze
And the rose too died nothing grows
The climbers - they too do not bloom
I see God's eye - he is watching me
I then instill beauteous thoughts on my day
Beauteous blue skies on my mind
Day after day - they blossom - they permeate
In my soul - and in the spring, I create
Images of bright beauty in the skies - so beautiful
But for now - the sun shining on my tomorrow
May the sparkling snow shimmer and the roses soon climb
Indeed beneath the snow - those beautiful roots
Come alive! They are with me opposing the dreary blues
Of this chilly day - smelling roses , I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment