Monday, December 9, 2013

THE GIFT



I'm blessed - fortunate as night and day
In the evening hours - I see twilight
Stars twinkling with the iridescent moon
It shines - it glows - beauty in pitch dark
As I gaze at the galaxy , I see birth
The pregnant star - nurtures the sky
Dancing in the sky - I see the muse
The maidens and the planets, remarkable!
Our Greek Gods - mesmerizing our hearts with glee
Then hypnotically - I see a prediction
In the crystal visions of my mysterious mind
Inspired by the heavenly skies, I see me
Blessed by the Greek, I write poetry
The words glide with the pen they flow
And each word in my mind as I concentrate
I put with a point - I then inspire
In the night - the words then retire
And dawn it breaks - I see day light
The glorious new born day , I see my way
A new beginning - a brand new day
And Apollo I love - I embrace thee
In my mind in the skies above
Love enters my soul and I glow
And you ! Beauteous - I get to know
The sun comes up - the rays warm on my face
Hues prominent - I am bewildered
Still fortunate - my feelings , I trace
I am a poet - I write with the morn
Each day - each night. I am inspired
My mind wanders and still contemplate
Each word I write with the skies, this I seek
Beauteous be - the night and day it doth stimulate
And if writers block? I seek the stars
And when the clouds darken with the element
I see the rain on my face a miracle too of blues
Trickling down - dancing on my gardens
Nurturing the roots - my seeds, my beauty
I am the poet! I write the words- visions
Visually in my mind - I speak - I see
I am blessed - I see the heavenly skies
They keep me wondering and I am mesmerized
And when dawn breaks - I hope too
Not to take each day for granted - look I view.

No comments:

Post a Comment