Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day 2015

It's life! The American Dream
Working - All in a days work
Once  upon a time - I went college
I worked hard - I became something
You save for years - your own things too
But society can get the best in you
You earn self respect - self pride
You grow old - retired now you hide
Away from reality - the young
They are disrespect - hence!
It's out of false pretense
You sit home at night - you try
To hold your head up - in desperation
Now you became a part of the old generation
They sit ans bicker - argue all day
I see the pits - I swim - sinking
Every once in a while I do a little drinking
I don't conform - I work
Retired and don't have to
I see the dark clouds now it's true
The old damn truth is a rendez - vous
They cling to fact you might then die
The American Dream they don't give a hoot
Just wonder what they get ? and if the could
The doctors would shoot - to steel
Even if blind ! They are that kind
Don't you fret,  In  fond memory
Forget! Then  in your will
The troubled waters. beneath your skin
Is there such a thing as a loved one
Do you wonder where?
Working your Dream?
Your time comes some day
You can't talk it with you
So be it it's best to play your part
Spend it ! Have fun
All in a days work
You earned it
At wit's end
That 's what I would do spend.


No comments:

Post a Comment