Wednesday, May 29, 2013

IN THE DAYLIGHT, I OPENED MY EYES

The hues are true blue with puffy white
Skies radiant - beauteous daylight
The dawn broke - A new born day
I hope there is a change in any sort of way
Midnight blues - up all through the night
Tearing all our love apart - in the twilight
The words they slurred - I thought
We'd mend a broken heart from the start
Now I sit by the phone - waiting for a call
I ponder, I wonder whether it was worth it all
Memories all around me - they linger
Puddles - from thy eyes they surround me
It only takes one day to break a heart
It's broken that's the end , it's all torn apart
I look at the skies - it's a brand new day
I think of you - and the price you pay
There is more fish in the sea , I do so admire
I am me ! I ponder still I'm not getting any younger
I develop more self respect, I hold dignity
My self esteem and confidence are then the key
I think! I tried ! I gave my best effort\
I walk my steps in life moving forward
Yes I am me - thou shall not settle
And not a day in my life to cut myself short
Me in love _ I hold my head up high
My true Romeo - You are not my type of guy
I fall short never to thus you a man
I am a woman!  This I certainly am
And my needs - I seek are thus misused
The skies are blue and the daylight broke
The changes I see , I'm no longer abused
 The heart it may shall never mend
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment